Thursday, February 24, 2011

Workout Motivator Mix

Hi again!

Did anyone try some oatmeal this morning??

Thanks for reading my first blog and for all of the nice comments! I was super excited you liked it! :)

Thursdays are my LONG days.  I don't usually walk in the door until around 9PM! 

Getting a workout in on Thursdays is virtually impossible for me unless I get it out of the way in the morning. 

It is definitely not easy to drag myself out of my comfy warm bed in the morning, especially when it is so cold and gloomy outside. 

So how do I motivate myself to get going? 

First off, I typically opt for an exercise class in the morning, because then you have an instructor pushing your half asleep BEHIND to keep going! 

Lately I've been taking classes at Barre Bee Fit, a great spin off of the famous Barre Method classes.  These classes fill up really fast, so you need to reserve online fairly early (days in advance sometimes). However -- great news!!! They're expanding their studio downtown, which means more classes for you to get your inner Ballerina on! "The higher the heels, the thinner the thighs!" :) 

Sometimes l head up to my gym to take a morning spin class. This takes REAL motivation. Spin starts at the crack of dawn (6AM!) and the spin fanatics get there at like 5:15 to get a spot! People are crazy about these classes! It's like shopping at Macy's on Black Friday trying to get a bike.  They do promise an amazing sweat, legs that feel like jello afterwards, and some great endorphins! 

I know many people don't have these options available to them, or just don't feel like dealing the drama of trying to get a spot.  There's always the good old-fashioned treadmill for some intervals or, my recent fave, the dreaded StairMaster! 

The only way I can get through my workouts on a machine without getting so bored I spend WAY too much time staring at the psycho in front of me running at 10.5 for 50 minutes is a great WORKOUT MIX!! Music makes the time go by so much faster and kicks me into gear when I'm feeling fatigued. 

Here is a little mix I came up with, just for you guys, that is pretty fantastic for any type of cardio: 

1) Telephone, Lady Gaga (featuring Beyonce) -- This one NEVER gets old! 
2) Like Boom, Vita Chambers
3) Hit the Lights, Jay Sean (featuring Weeeeeezzziiieee) 
4) Ooh Ohh Baby, Britney Spears 
5) E.T., Katy Perry (featuring Kanye West) -- Can this girl make a bad song? Not! 
6) Pretty Girl Rock, Keri Hilson
7) Better Than Her, Matisse (featuring Akon) -- Thanks Brigette for introducing me to this one! 
8) Wanted, Jessie James -- Had to throw in a little dose of country :)
9) Tonight (I'm Lovin' You), Enrique Iglesias (featuring Ludacris & DJ Frank E)
10) Black & Yellow, Wiz Khalifa 
11) Rock that Body, Black Eyed Peas
12) Higher, Taio Cruz & Travie McCoy
13) Bulletproof, La Roux
14) 2012 (It Ain't the End), Jay Sean (featuring Nicki Minaj) 
15) Louder (Put Your Hands Up), Chris Willis
16) Price Tag, Jessie J (featuring B.o.B)

**All of these songs are available on iTunes right now!**

The mix is about an hour long, and no I do NOT stay on the machine for that long, I leave that for the crazies! I usually will go do about 10 minutes of light weights after my cardio, or sometimes I skip a song or two if I'm just not feeling it that day. 

I just put this mix on the new iPod Nano my wonderful boyfriend got me for Christmas! 



I am loving this new gadget because: 1) It has radio on it, which my ancient one did not, and 2) It clips onto your clothes!! Woo hoo! No more stuffing my iPod in my sportsbra and getting weird looks!

If you're interested, Best Buy (www.bestbuy.com) has these guys on sale for $134.00 ($15.99 off the regular price) right now! You're welcome! :) 

My other motivation for getting my workout out of the way in the morning? 

I usually treat myself to one of these after: 


SKIVIZZLE! Told ya I love them. Make it a double for an extra long day! ;)

Hope you all have a fantastic Thursday. We are almost to the weekend... keep on plugging! 

xoxo

Jess



0 comments:

Post a Comment