Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Get 'er Done

Good morning friends!

Happy hump day, we're half-way there (ohhhh livin on a prayerrr)! :)

I have tons of plans with friends this week -- trying to squeeze it all in before bar studying starts.  Since I've been hooked on working out at night lately, I knew it was going to be a bit of a struggle to make myself wake up before work to squeeze in a few early-morning workouts this week.

Yesterday, I rolled out of bed, a little later than I had hoped, and rushed off to the gym to get in whatever kind of sweat was possible.

I had about 40 minutes, so I was determined to get in a little cardio.  I eyed the StairMaster, immediately yawned, and made a bee-line to the treadmill to knock out this interval set:


Minute
Incline
Pace
0 to 2
6
3.8
2 to 4
8
3.8
4 to 6
10
3.8
6 to 8
6
4
8 to 13
2
6.3
13 to 15
6
3.8
15 to 17
8
3.8
17 to 19
10
3.8
19 to 21
6
4
21 to 26
2
6.6
26 to 28
6
3.8
28 to 30
8
3.8
30 to 32
10
3.8
32 to 34
6
4
34 to 39
2
6.3
39 to 40(ish)
2
3.5

When I'm working through these treadmill workouts, I think "tummy tense, tushie tight, BREAATHEEEE." Whatever you gotta do! ;)

Make sure to get your arms pumping, you will look like a crazy 80s powerwalker, but I swear no one is looking at you (ok...maybe just a few people!).

{And, as always, don't start any new workout routine without talking to your doc!}

Here were my results from yesterday in case you're curious:


I was definitely sweaty satisfied afterwards, and I felt great all day! It also helped me to relax when I met my friend out for a little dinner/drinks, because I knew I already had it out of the way for the day.

This workout is a little more reasonable and equally as satisfying as the intense incline interval workout I shared with you a couple of weeks back.

If you want to give it a try, download my latest playlist, which goes really well with the sets.  I timed it so that the "power songs" hit right at the 5 minute running bursts.

Here's thaaa tunes:        

1) Good Life, OneRepublic
2) Shades Off (Dirty Radio Edit), X & Hell 
3) Somebody to Love, Justin Bieber
4) Rolling in the Deep, Adele
5) Happiness (Jump Smokers Extended Mix), Alexis Jordan
6) Masquerade, Ashley Tisdale
7) Dancing With Tears in My Eyes, Ke$ha
8) It's a Girl Thing, Jesse Lee
9) Gasoline, Britney Spears
10) Take Over Control (Radio Edit), Afrojack (featuring Eva Simons)
11) Kiss Me Slowly, Parachute

{all available on iTizzle!}

You're welcome! :)

Good good stuff! They're all fun songs even if you're not using them for a workout...I won't tell! ;)

I had a really great time catching up with my friend Sam last night @ Matilda in Lakeview.  We sipped on a little wine, and shared some chips + salsa + guac (fieesstaaa!) and a little flatbread.  It was delishhh, love that place!

The wine I had was awesome -- it was a red blend, and I need to go back and look for the name so I can share it with you all in an upcoming weekend night-in recipe post!

It's starting to sink in that I only have 3 days left at work before I'm gone for 2 + months, and that pile on my desk isn't dealing with itself, so I better get to it!

We are very excited over here for daaa bulls tonight.  I'm thinking a little barre burn before sounds just about right.

**Something to talk about: What are you doing for your workout today?!?!?!

Have a fan-tizzily-tastic day, and I'll see ya back her tomorrow on Thursday.  Man this week is flying by!

xoxo

Jess 

0 comments:

Post a Comment