Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Different Kind of Lunch

Hi again!

I bet you didn't think you'd hear from me again today, now did you?! ;) 

I just wanted to stop in and share with you all a breakthrough discovery I had today:

Smoothies are the bomb.com.

Well, maybe not always, but definitely after a schweaty run! 

I was studying away and getting really antsy, so I decided it was time for my workout.  I had honestly started to think that maybe it wasn't going to happen today, so I patted myself on the back and headed out the door for a 4-miler. 

Holy bageeze it was HOT out there!! The weather in Chicago has been so up & down lately, you never really can tell what you are walking (running?) into.  

My face is still red...an hour later!  I don't know why on earth I think I don't need sunscreen when I run -- I must have a theory that I can outrun the sun or something (there's some common sense for ya). 

When I got home, it was time for a cold shower, followed by some lunch. 

I went over a few in my head -- sandwich...nahhh...salad...double nahhh.  And then, it hit me like a ton of ice cubes!!! I should try to make a smoothie. 

I say "try" because I honestly don't think I've ever made a smoothie on my own.  

Justin makes a smoothie almost daily now, and it just never sounds appetizing.

I've also never fully understood why Julie over on peanut butter fingers so often goes for a big cold glass of nutrients over a more substantial-seeming breakfast or lunch.  

That was...until today.

As usual, that girl really knows what she's talking about! 

I gifted myself some of Justin's Gold Standard Whey Protein Powder (straawwwberry flavor!), and got to mixing. 

Into the mix went: 

1 scoop protein powder
1 bananer
5-ish fresh strawberries
1 cup of ice
1 cup of almond milk
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract


By the way, I discovered that our blender actually has a "smoothie" button. Genius. 

I filled up my newly purchased tumbler, almost to the point where it was overflowing, and dug in with a spoon: 


Unlike that cookie dough monster I tackled, this thing dominated ME!  

I couldn't finish more than half of it, so now it's just chillin' until I go back for more. 

If you haven't jumped on the smoothie train yet, there's no time better than now, I'll even share a seat with ya! ;) 

Have a great night! 

xoxo

Jess 


2 comments:

  1. Aren't smoothies great?! Your day sounds like an exact replica of mine...run, then schweaty smoothie :-) Check out my recipe from after my run...it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh that looks fantastic! :) perfect for today's hot weather :)

    ReplyDelete