Friday, July 8, 2011

Breaking the Rules?

Hi guys & gals!!

Happy fuh-reakily deakily Friday! We made it! :)

I do not, unfortunately, have a recipe for you guys tonight, but I do have something else kinda fun...

A fashion(ish) post!

I know you love 'em...

We are headed out to try a new restaurant for the first time, Brick House Tavern & Tap.

I am super excited because I am feeling a bit like a caged animal after being trapped inside our apartment studying since 7am.  {Yes, it does blooowwwww!}

Here's tonight's outfit!




Black Headband: Nordstrom
Hoop Earrings: Charlotte Russe (better picture here)
Black Dress: Cha Cha (back in Bloomington, IN!) via lamade
Black Flip Flops: Old Navy
Brown Belt: Topshop (purchased while I was studying abroad in London)


So here's the deal...since I am kind of an amateur when it comes to fashion, I always feel a little self conscious when I wear this outfit, because I'm not so sure...can you wear black with brown

I just love this belt and I hardly ever get to wear it, so I couldn't help myself! I actually like the way it looks with this dress...a little western, right?! 

I know it's a faux pas for guys to wear a brown belt with black shoes and vice versa, but does it apply to outfits like this? 

Please enlighten me! 

I'm off to enjoy some time with this really cute guy I know... ;) 

Hoping to see you tomorrow with a re-cap from dinner. 

Have a fantastic night, everyone! 

xoxo

Jess

P.S. Shout out to my awesome photographer, who kept me from taking another awkward mirror pic! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Love that you are starting to do a little blogging about fashion ;) To answer your question, yes - you can wear black with brown.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Haha, I was like, is anyone gonna tell me! :) I'm glad I got your approval.

    ReplyDelete