Friday, December 23, 2011

Holiday Walk/Run + Merry You

Good morning, everyone!

Geeze, I really just want to share with you all the great Christmas gifts I got last night (Justin & I exchange early).



But, I feel compelled to write something health/fitness-related to convince you that I have not completely fallen off the wagon.

I have been getting to the gym lately, but it's been under the most inconsistent schedule ever!

If I want to work out on the week days, it has to happen very early in the morning - like 5AM.

People ask me: Why can't you just go after work? And, to that, I really just can't explain it!

I am seriously a zombie by the time I get home from work these days.  I usually get home, make dinner, eat with Justin (still on the couch/floor even though we now have TWO tables - ridiculous, I know!), turn on a TV show, and then head to bed as close to 10PM as I can.

One thing I really miss about living in the city is the accessibility to all of my favorite work out classes - like Barre Bee Fit.

You all know how much I loved that - and now it's been pretty much impossible for me to get to a class and be able to catch a train home at a decent hour.

BBF --> want to open a suburban location?!?!?! :) :) I'll do all your marketing!!

Adjusting to working full time has been both rewarding and challenging.

I have been very hard on myself that I can't just "snap" into this Monday-Friday routine, but then I have to remind myself that this is the first time I have ever done this.

While my friends have been working full-time jobs for over 3 years now, I have been in school for the past 7! It's a totally different way of life and it is definitely taking some adjusting.

I feel very blessed to have the opportunities I have right now - it's just a matter of finding that balance again.  I'm working on it! :)

So, workouts have been a smorgasbord (wow - didn't know that's how you spell that word!).  

As an early Christmas (or whatever holiday!) gift, I'll share my new favorite workout with you - along with my current favorite gym song to get ya going!

This workout was adapted from a 10-minute walking workout I found on Peanut Butter Fingers.  It's just 30 minutes - which is perfect for a morning cardio workout for me lately.

I love the ratio of walking/running on this one.  It's also got a good mix of incline to get that booty burn that I need so desperately this time year.

I think this workout is more approachable than some of the ones I have previously posted - so give it a try and let me know what you think! :)

Holiday 30-Minute Walk/Run

Time
Speed
Incline
0-2
4.3
2
2-3
4.3
4
3-4
4.3
6
4-5
4.3
8
5-6
4.3
10
6-7
4.0
12
7-8
4.0
9
8-10
4.0
7
10-11
2.0
6
11-12
3.0
6
12-13
4.0
6
13-14
5.0
6
14-15
6.0
6
15-17
4.3
2
17-18
4.3
4
18-19
4.3
6
19-20
4.3
8
20-21
4.3
10
21-22
4.0
12
22-23
4.0
9
23-25
4.0
7
25-26
2.0
6
26-27
3.0
6
27-28
4.0
6
28-29
5.0
6
29-30
6.0
6
COOL DOWN

And if you need a new song to add to your gym playlist (who doesn't?!) - my current favorite is this little number...



Yep, Bruno Mars "Merry You" :)

I'm off to the gym & then it's time to pack up our things to head back to InDiAnA!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

xoxo

Jess

1 comment: